That Summer list....'Park Life'

We are very lucky where we live. We have some beautiful walks and parks to keep us entertained. Parks are the saviour of the Summer holidays. Pack up a few drinks and snacks and head off. We have a list of parks on our summer plan that we want like to go to and here in our second week we have crossed off the first one, Cropthorne park.
This park holds a little special in my heart, in fact the whole area evokes many childhood memories for me. My Fathers family came from one of the local nearby villages and as such I spent many a weekend visiting relatives here when I was young. Before we moved to our present home, we were very interested in moving to this area, unfortunately, we couldn't find the right house for the right price. I do however, still aspire to live there and maybe one day I will. Couple this with my Dad being buried in the next village and the area will keep on drawing me back. The kids call the park 'Grampys Park' as we usually visit my Dads grave then afterwards go to Cropthorne park for the kids to blow off some steam after being calm and respectful in the cemetery.
Anyhow, Cropthorne park is such a lovely place to spend an hour. Fantastic setting, lovely wooden climbing fort, swings, two play areas one for the young ones and one for the older children, concrete football pitch area, green open space and great parking. Love it!!








.
Not much else to say really the pictures really say it all.  Needless to say we will be back again soon and we keep on working on crossing things off on the summer  'to do' list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home schooling Day 1

Lunchbox Ideas