Summer holidays coming....more uniform.

The holidays are nearly here so I guess its time to get the uniform ready for the new term!!! I am sure the shops are making us buy uniform earlier than normal, just like Christmas, which now starts in September!!!Anyhow... I want to get it done then I can forget about it and enjoy the hols (I really don't want to panic about it a week before the kids go back).

This year I have Dan going to a new school, so complete uniform needed there. Flossie starting school, so complete uniform for her too (on another note her PE kit that vanished from nursery for 5 weeks re-appeared 2 days before the end of the school year). A few new jumpers and replacement cardigans, polo shirts, pinafore and trousers are needed. We only lost one cardigan this year so I class that as an excellent result. New shoes for everyone (5 pairs which is one less than last year as Josh will be at college) so that means a trip to Bicester village for Clark's shoes. We find its a great way to save money. I can literally get a pair of shoes free by doing this, so it is well worth the trip down there. We have found that as its pretty busy at the weekend, an after work midweek trip works best. The kids think its a bit of an adventure, I can sell it to them all day as a trip out...its only John that loses out having been at work all day but even he appreciates its worth it for the savings.

I have created a uniform wardrobe at home dedicated just for uniform. I was so fed up with going room to room putting it away that I decided to keep it all in one place. We converted an Ikea Trofast unit and it works a treat, plus it saves me time. The guys know where to get their stuff from and where to put it back as well. If I had more space, I definitely would have a family wardrobe which would be amazing...I don't dream of luxury cars or holidays, a good storage system will do me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Summer list....'Park Life'

Home schooling Day 1

Lunchbox Ideas